Stress control classes
The Northern Trust’s Psychological Therapies Service is offering free stress control classes across the Trust over the following months.
“Stress Control” is a six week, self-help course aimed at people experiencing, or anyone who knows someone experiencing anxiety, depression, stress or just wants to be better equipped to deal with stress.
People who have attended classes to date identify learning a range of beneficial skills to help them manage stress.
The class runs once a week for six weeks. Topics covered include: an overview of what stress is, controlling your body, controlling your thoughts, controlling your actions, getting a good night’s sleep and planning for the future.
Stress Control is a class not a “group therapy” – you do not have to talk about personal difficulties in front of others.
- Ballygally Hall, Larne: Monday mornings @ 10:30am, 6 January – 10 February 2020
- Carrickfergus Community Forum, Carrickfergus: Wednesday evenings @ 6:30pm, 8 January – 12 February 2020
- Adair Arms, Ballymena: Wednesday evenings @ 6:30pm, 8 January – 12 February 2020
- CRUN Centre, Coleraine: Wednesday mornings @ 10.30am, 5 February – 11 March 2020
- Meadowbank Sports Arena, Magherafelt: Tuesday evenings @ 6.30pm, 4 February – 10 March 2020
- Integrated Primary School, Glengormley: Tuesday evenings @7pm, 25 February – 31 March 2020
- Monkstown Village Centre: Thursday mornings @11am, 27 February – 2 April 2020
- Ballyclare Town Hall: Thursday evenings @7pm, 27 February – 2 April 2020