Tell us about your experience of health or social care

The Health and Social Care Board is encouraging people to tell health and social care organisations/professionals if they have a compliment, concern or complaint.

Throughout June, the Health and Social Care Board in partnership with Health and Social Care Trusts will be encouraging people to share their compliments and complaints. Board and Trust staff will be out and about in venues such as shopping or leisure centres across Northern Ireland to encourage people to share their views and also to provide information about who to contact.

Liz Fitzpatrick, Complaints and Litigation Manager with the Health and Social Care Board said: “We aim to provide high quality services so it’s important that we hear what works well and what doesn’t. Both compliments and complaints can help us to improve our health and care services. Sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a complaint or concern, please let us know. Your complaint will be taken seriously and will be treated in confidence. Often we hear stories about people who want to make a complaint but don’t. However, we need to know so that we can address your concern and also so that we can learn and improve the quality of services we provide. People have also told us that they don’t know how to make a complaint or who to contact so we are working to increase awareness of the Health and Social Care Complaints Process.”

Who to contact

To make a compliment or complaint about services provided by a GP, dentist, pharmacist or optician, you should contact them directly.

Alternatively, if you do not want to deal with the practice concerned directly you can contact the Health and Social Care Board to help in the resolution of your complaint, telephone 028 9536 3893 or email

To give comments about care or services provided by the Northern Trust please contact or call 028 2563 3715.

For independent support to make a complaint, contact the Patient and Client Council. They provide free and confidential advice, information and help with making a complaint. For more information, freephone 0800 917 0222 or visit

Page last updated:18 June 2014