This accessibility statement applies to www.northerntrust.hscni.net.
This website is run by the Northern Health and Social Care Trust. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website incorporates Browsealoud, which makes websites more accessible to people with reading difficulties. It uses simple speech, reading and translation tools. Browsealoud is a free service.
We aim to ensure all text links are written so that they make sense when read out of context. We will aim to clearly explain where the link will take the user.
Video and audio files
We will aim to ensure that videos have captions explaining any dialogue, and that transcripts are provided for any audio files.
Accessibility issues on website pages
Some parts of this website are not fully accessible. An audit of the site has been carried out and we are working within our own team and a third party supplier to address the following accessibility issues:
- contact options and accordion blue arrow, which does not work for all users
- no visible focus on some actionable elements on main navigation menu
- forms labels for text entry fields, buttons, checkboxes and select menus on service user feedback form, website feedback form and involving you forms
- Image carousel -options to stop, pause of hide the content
- Image carousel – size distortion at 400%
- Alt Text for images on automatic Twitter Feed – The third party software supplier is in development for changes to their system and will look at this issue in 2021.
- We are also working to improve colour contrast across the homepage and all other pages. We aim to make these colour changes in early 2021.
- PDFs – Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. Some documents may not have a natural language specified.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Call 028 2766 1377
We will consider your request and get back to you in as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always seeking to improve the accessibility. If you find any problems or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please send your feedback to us by using the online Website Feedback Form.
The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland is responsible for enforcing the ‘Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018’ (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you are not happy with our response, contact the equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Northern Health and Social Care Trust is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
This statement was prepared on 15 September 2020.
The Trust intends to put a plan in place to improve accessibility on this website.