Multi Agency Support Team for Schools (MASTS)
The MASTS service has been developed in partnership with North Eastern Education and Library Board (NEELB) and the Southern Education and Library Board (SELB) services.
The MASTS service aims to ensure that children have the opportunity to meet their potential by:
- Supporting staff in nursery and primary school (up to the end of P4) to promote the social, emotional and behavioural; speech, language and communication; and sensory, motor and perceptual skills of all children
- Giving nursery and primary school staff (up to the end of P4) the confidence, knowledge and skills to identify and meet the needs of children with difficulties in the areas of:
- speech, language and communication
- social, emotional and behaviour
- sensory, motor and perception
- Working with school staff and parents to decide if direct intervention is required for referred children in Years 1-4 of primary school.
- Providing support as deemed appropriate.
Children who can be referred for support must:
- Attend a primary school accessing the MASTS service in the Northern Health and Social Care Trust area. Referrals must be made by the School Principal
- Be in Year 1 to Year 4 at the time of referral
- Have two or more of the following:
- Speech, language and communication needs
- Social, emotional and behavioural needs
- Sensory, motor and perceptual needs.
- Need MASTS support to help them access the curriculum.
The MASTS service comprises of four sector teams working across the Trust. Each team includes the following staff:
Speech and Language Therapists
Specialist Language Teachers (NEELB area)
1 Steeple Road
Tel: 028 9442 7670
Fax: 028 9442 7689
8e Coleraine Road
Tel: 028 2766 1237
East Antrim MASTS
Thornfield House School
8-12 Jordanstown Road
Tel: 028 9036 0910
Mid Ulster MASTS
Unit 1, The Cornstore
Tel: 028 8674 7860
Fax: 028 8674 7878
Page last updated:12 September 2014