ADHD/Behaviour Assessment Service
Temporary arrangements during Covid-19
The ADHD Behaviour Assessment service continues to be available to support your child/family. However to ensure the safety of your child/family the way we deliver services may look a little different.
Staff continue to follow Public Health Agency COVID-19 guidance and will work with you to decide the best option for seeing your child.
We do appreciate that this is challenging time for all and have produced a list of links to useful information to help support you and your children/young people during this period of social distancing.
For queries please contact 028 2563 6522.
Remember: You can contact your health visitor for information advice and support about yourself or your child’s health and wellbeing.
In addition to your normal health visiting telephone number you can contact your local health visiting team or email as below, available Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
- 1 2 3 Magic/Effective Discipline for Children, Thomas W Phelan; Child Management Inc; US 3rd Rev Ed 2008.
- 1 2 3 Magic for Kids, Helping your Child Understand New Rules, Thomas W Phelan; Parent Magic Incorporated, Sept 2008
- Parenting Children with ADHD, 10 Lessons that Medicine cannot Teach; Vincent J. Monastra, PHD; APA Life Tools; 2nd Edition 2014.
- My Doctor says I have ADHD, Dr C Yemula; Health Insights4U LTD, 2008.
- Zak Has ADHD; Jenny Leigh; Haldane Mason Ltd.
We appreciate that this is challenging time for all our children, young people, parents and carers. We hope that this content will provide useful information to support you during this period of social distancing.
Anxiety and Stress Resources
Anxiety and Stress
(Shared with the kind permission of the Southern Health and Social Care Trust)
- Calming skills checklist
- COVID-19 Advice for parents and carers
- Helping children cope with stress
- COVID-19 helpful resources
- Guide to living with worry and anxiety admidst global uncertainty
- Helpful resources re COVID-19
- Mental health considerations
- Positive mental health and COVID-19
- Talking to children about Coronavirus