Stress Control Online Classes
Stress is a normal reaction to the rapidly changing and uncertain times we are all living in at the moment. If you are feeling a bit more stressed than usual and would like to learn some great ways, free-of-charge, to deal with common problems like anxiety, depression, panicky feelings, poor sleep and poor wellbeing then come along to our online Stress Control class.
‘Stress Control’ is a six-session cognitive-behavioural therapy class used extensively in community-settings by the NHS (UK) and HSE (Ireland) and across the world.
As you can’t come to a regular Stress Control class due to the current circumstances, Stress Control will come to you and live stream the sessions.
Each session will play twice a day at 2pm and repeated at 8.30 pm (dates below). Each Session will remain available on the YouTube channel for 36 hours after the start time. The sessions will be led by Dr Jim White, consultant clinical psychologist, who created the class and who has taught most of the NHS (UK) and HSE (Ireland) trainers who would normally be running classes across the country.
To take part:
1) Visit the Stress Control site where you can learn more about the class and get the dates. Everything you need to successfully complete the class – the booklets, self-assessment, relaxation and mindfulness – can be found in the ‘Free zone’. If you can, please read, and start working on, the booklets in the ‘Preparing for the course’ section before Session 1.
2) On the homepage, click on the ‘Stress Control 2020’ link to access our YouTube channel where the classes will be available to view at the scheduled times. If you click the ‘Subscribe’ button on our YouTube page (free), you will receive notifications when a new session is available. You can also follow this link:
3) The session will begin exactly on time, so make sure you are there from the start. Sessions run for about 90 minutes and there will be a 10-minute break in the middle.
4) Each session is one piece of the jigsaw in tackling your Stress. By coming to each class, the jigsaw will form, and the big picture can emerge, making you better able to handle your stress. This is cognitive-behavioural therapy so it is crucial you practice the skills you will learn between sessions.
Life is very hard for us just now and there are no easy solutions or magic cures, but, with hard work and determination, we can boost our resilience to cope with these difficult times and come out the other end stronger.
Please pass this on to anyone who you think might benefit from the class.
- Session 1: What is Stress?
- Monday 10 August 2pm and 8.30pm
- Session 2: Controlling your body
- Thursday 13 August 2pm and 8.30pm
- Session 3: Controlling your thoughts
- Monday 17 August 2pm and 8.30pm
- Session 4: Controlling your actions
- Thursday 20 August 2pm and 8.30pm
- Session 5: Controlling feelings of panic and getting a good nights sleep
- Monday 24 August 2pm and 8.30pm
- Session 6: Boosting your wellbeing and controlling your future
- Thursday 27 August 2pm and 8.30pm
All sessions will be available for 36 hours.
4th August 2020