This accessibility statement applies to www.northerntrust.hscni.net.
This website is run by the Northern Health and Social Care Trust. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website incorporates Browsealoud, which makes websites more accessible to people with reading difficulties. It uses simple speech, reading and translation tools. Browsealoud is a free service.
We aim to ensure all text links are written so that they make sense when read out of context. We will aim to clearly explain where the link will take the user.
Video and audio files
We will aim to ensure that videos have captions explaining any dialogue, and that transcripts are provided for any audio files.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our online forms may be difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- The Homepage Twitter feed does not have Alt text for images. This content is provided by a third party that intends to address it.
- There is no keyboard access to carousals. We are working to address this.
- We are working to improve colour contrast in some areas of the site including the A-Z link areas.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Call 028 2766 1377
We will consider your request and get back to you in as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always seeking to improve the accessibility. If you find any problems or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please send your feedback to us by using the online Website Feedback Form.
The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland is responsible for enforcing the ‘Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018’ (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you are not happy with our response, contact the equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Northern Health and Social Care Trust is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
This statement was prepared on 15 September 2020.
The Trust intends to put a plan in place to improve accessibility on this website.