The Anaesthetics Service leads and delivers the following services:
- Critical/Intensive Care Services
- Acute and chronic pain services
- Consultant and nurse led pre-assessment services
- Anaesthetic support for all elective and emergency theatre, day surgery and day procedure sessions at Antrim Area Hospital, Causeway Hospital, Coleraine; Mid Ulster Hospital,
- Magherafelt and Whiteabbey Hospital.
- Support for maternity services at Antrim Area and Causeway Hospitals.
- Support for Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT) at Holywell Hospital. Some ECT supported at Antrim and Causeway Hospitals.
- Support for paediatric CT scanning and radiology services at Antrim Area and Causeway sites
- 24 hour anaesthetic emergency cover which includes supporting Accident and Emergency resuscitation.