Occupational Therapy Learning Disability Service
The Community Occupational Therapy Adult Learning Disability Service provides interventions to adults over 18 who have been formally assessed as having a learning disability. The service operates as per of the multi-disciplinary teams within four locations: Antrim/Ballymena, East Antrim, Mid Ulster and Causeway.
The service operates an open referral system and accepts referrals from service users, carers, GPs, other health care staff and agencies such as housing associations. Referrals can be telephoned through the Central Referral Management System on: 028 2563 5521
Occupational Therapy is provided from a range of settings with in the Trust where interventions regarding the following can take place:
- Housing – minor / major adaptations
- Specialist equipment – complex seating / wheelchairs
- Independent living programmes
Within the Community Occupational Therapy Adult Learning Disability Service there are two specialist services:
- Resettlement – Assessment and Intervention for those people who are leaving hospital
after a long stay or delayed discharge.
- Share the Care – Assessment and Intervention for people with Learning Disability who require Adult Placement or short breaks.
Location of Service
The Community Occupational Therapy Adult Learning Disability Service is provided across four main office bases and can be contacted on the numbers listed on this page.