Older peoples services
The Northern Trust provides a range of services for older people in the community, through our Community Integrated Teams.
There are 14 Community Integrated Teams in the Northern Trust area. These teams are made up of social workers, district nurses and occupational therapists. Your GP can refer you to one of our teams or alternatively you or a family member can contact the team directly.
Once the Team Manager receives a referral on your behalf, a member of the team will make contact with you to carry out a care assessment.
A care assessment is an opportunity for us to look at your needs and work with you to find the best methods to meet the needs identified.
Following an assessment a care plan will be agreed with you. It will detail the support that you need and will detail the following:
A care assessment is an opportunity for us to look at your needs and work with you to find the best methods to meet the needs identified. Following an assessment a care plan will be agreed with you. It will detail the support that you need and will detail the following:
- What help you will get and who will provide it.
- When and how often you will get help.
- Contact details of the team who make sure you get help.
- When help will start and when reviews will take place to make sure we are still meeting your needs.
- Details of care needs which cannot be met and why.
- What to do if you are unhappy with the service.
How to access the service
You can refer yourself or be referred by a family member, GP or by a health care professional.
If you have any general enquiries, or are already a user of this service, please contact the appropriate integrated team directly/
Please note the teams are aligned to GP practices, therefore please contact the team aligned to your GP practice.
- Community Equipment Service
- Continence Service
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Dementia services
- Diabetes Services
- Domiciliary Care Service
- Falls Screening Service
- Good Morning Services
- Occupational Therapy services
- Palliative Care
- Permanent Placement Team
- Social Work with Older People
- Tissue Viability Nurse Specialist Service
- Wheelchair Service