The Community Medicines Optimisation Service is a team of clinical pharmacists and technicians who work in community based facilities.
The team is responsible for medicines optimisation within the Trust’s community settings. These include:
- Adult and Specialist Community Services, including Intermediate Care at Robinson Hospital, Dalriada Hospital and Moyle Hospital
- Various community teams including Children’s Community Services
The work includes conducting audits to support the safe handling of medicines, medicines reconciliation, and medicines management of patients transferring between hospitals.
There is significant involvement with the provision of services and supplies to community teams, such as the School Immunisation Team, family planning, podiatry and GP treatment rooms. The team also work closely with other Departments such as Domiciliary Care
As part of a Regional Initiative there is a team of Specialist Pharmacists whose roles are:
- to provide Medication Reviews to residents of Nursing Homes
- to support people living at home with taking their medication correctly
- to provide pharmaceutical care to patients in Intermediate care facilities