Promote- Promoting Positive lives in Learning Disability.
We work with individuals who have a learning disability and associated complex mental health and/or forensic needs.
Our aim is to promote positive living in the community. We aim to improve the well being and quality of life of our service users to help them lead safe and independent lives.
We work closely with other services including day opportunities, community teams, adult centres and the voluntary sector.
Please see our easy read service leaflet
What services do we provide?
- Comprehensive assessments covering mental health, forensics, psychiatry, psychology, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy
- Therapeutic interventions, for example Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- Intensive support, including coordinating access to Community Assessment and Intervention bed
- Medication management
- Training and education
- Adapted Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Adapted Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Group therapy including ‘I can cook it’, photography, ‘emotional recognition’
We provide a service Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Forensic Practitioner
- Mental Health Practitioners
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Support Workers
We work across all of the Northern Health and Social Care Trust.