Text-a-Nurse is an easy way for young people aged 11-19 years to confidentially ask for help about a range of issues by sending a text message for advice and support.
This service is provided by School Nurses and aims to provide timely convenient access to confidential health advice on various issues;
• Sexual health
• Stress & Anxiety
• Emotional health and wellbeing
• Healthy eating
• Smoking, drugs and alcohol
• General health concerns
Young people aged between 11 and 19 can confidentially text a school nurse to ask for help, to share their concerns or worries about a range of issues. They can also find out how to access other local services including emotional support or sexual health services. Texts are normally replied to within one working day.
- Text a Nurse on 07480635982
- Available:Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm, excluding bank holidays.
- Out of hours Anyone who texts the service out-of-hours receives an automatic ‘bounce back’ message that explains where to get help, and when they can expect a response.
Meet our team of School Nurses behind ‘Text a Nurse’
Start a chat today by scanning the QR code below;
Text-a-Nurse Poster (Pdf)