The Wheelchair Service is an occupational therapy service for adult and paediatric wheelchair users. Referrals are accepted from other occupational therapists in the Northern Trust.
The service provides:
- Assessment and review of complex wheelchair needs and pressure relieving cushions
- Prescription of complex wheelchairs and pressure relieving cushions
- Advice for professionals and users/carers with regard to complex wheelchairs, associated equipment and
pressure relieving cushions
- A range of equipment for assessment, trial and evaluation – has a range of products for trial and evaluation
- Outdoor training for powered wheelchair users and other Occupational Therapists.
There is a clinic room available at this site where assessment, prescription and review can take place. There is a wide range of assessment equipment. Alternatively when users cannot travel to this site for assessment, a domiciliary service is available.
Hours of service
Monday-Friday, 8.30am -4.30pm
(Excluding Public and Bank Holidays)
Northern Trust Wheelchair Services Ballymena Health and Care Centre 86 Cushendall Road Ballymena
How people access the service
A referral from a Northern Trust Occupational Therapist is required. This can be a community or hospital based Occupational Therapist.