The Causeway Hospital is located on the Newbridge road on the outskirts of Coleraine. It is one of two Northern Trust acute hospitals.
This hospital has an Emergency Department.
The Hospital’s Emergency Department includes an area for patients brought in by ambulance, who require further investigation and treatment but may not need to be admitted to hospital.
An Out of Hours GP service is located beside the Emergency Department.
The Direct Assessment Unit, specializes in the care of frail, older patients. Patients are referred by their GP and it is designed to reduce hospital admissions and avoid a wait in the Emergency Department. This is a referral only service.
A multi-agency, frailty project is also underway, aimed at engaging with and improving health and wellbeing of older people.
A new state of the art gynaecological unit, The Meadows, opened at Causeway Hospital in 2018.
With support from the Belfast Trust, a Paediatric Day Surgery service was established in Causeway, enabling local children to have surgery quicker and closer to their homes.
Both Antrim Area and Causeway Hospitals are developing medical and surgical ambulatory care models.
Services delivered at this location
- Acute Children’s Nursing Services
- Acute Physiotherapy Service (Inpatient service)
- Advice, Benefits and Money
- Angina Services
- Bereaved By Suicide
- Brain Injury Service
- Cardiology Services
- Catering Services
- Children’s/Paediatric Nursing Service
- Chronic Pain Services
- Community Children’s Nursing (CCN)
- Critical/Intensive Care Services
- Diabetes and pregnancy
- Diabetes Services
- Diabetes services and classes
- Direct Assessment Unit
- Emergency departments
- Endoscopy Services
- Febuxostat statement
- Heart Failure Service
- Inpatient Service
- Interpreting and Translation Services
- Lower gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Macmillan Physiotherapist
- Macmillan Social Worker
- Macmillan Specialist Palliative Care Team
- Maternity Services
- Minor Injuries Units
- Nursing home REaCH service
- Orthoptic Service
- Paediatric Dietetics
- Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service
- Palliative Medicine Consultants
- Parking and traffic management
- Pharmacy Services
- Portering services
- Pre-Operative Assessment Service
- Restaurants and Shops
- Rheumatology Drugs
- Stroke Services