What happens with your donations?
Every year we receive many kind donations to the NHSCT Charitable Trust Fund. This is a central fund from which Cancer Services benefit, among other services within the Northern Trust.
We greatly value these donations as they allow us to fund projects and support services to benefit our patients within Cancer Services.
We would like to give you an idea of some of the ways your generous donations are being used below;
- Provide counselling for cancer patients and their families.
- Funding an HepatoPancreatic Biliary Cancer Nurse Specialist for two years to support patients and their families with this type of cancer diagnosis.
- Funding for a dietitian and physiotherapist, plus support workers, for two years with the aim of improving recovery for patients during and after cancer treatment.
- Funding advanced communication training for staff who care for patients, to improve their skills when breaking news of a cancer diagnosis.
- Funding specific training/conferences to support education and learning for staff working in cancer services.
- Funding treatment chairs to improve comfort for cancer patients attending Laurel House.
If you are interested in making a donation, please contact the Cancer Services Information and Support Service on:
077 9584 5435/CancerInformation@northerntrust.hscni.net