Children’s Learning Disability Therapeutic Service (CLDTS)
The Children’s Learning Disability Therapeutic Service provides support to children and young people with a severe learning disability whose presentation reflects the significant challenges they experience on a day to day basis. Our service is based on Positive Behaviour Support values and principles with five main aims:
- To improve the quality of life of those children referred and their carer’s.
- To promote the mental health and emotional wellbeing of children and young people.
- To maintain and facilitate appropriate community placements and reduce the incidence of hospital admission.
- To work in partnership with education and community learning disability services to ensure timely support when required.
- To reduce the impact of behaviour that challenges for children with a learning disability and their carers’.
Referrals are accepted directly from a range of sources, including schools, Children’s Disability Teams and other staff within children’s services.
Check out our online resources including podcasts and videos
View more in our resources section.