Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Service
The Crisis Resolution Home Treatment (CRHT) service provides intensive home treatment and high level support to adults experiencing severe mental health problems who would otherwise have no option but to be admitted to hospital.
It is anticipated that the majority of referrals to the service will be made from the community mental health team. Any professional team member can make a referral. The team member making such a referral would be expected to discuss this decision with the team leader and consultant psychiatrist at the earliest opportunity.
Referrals to the service will also be accepted from a range of referral agents following their initial assessment. This includes:
- Consultant psychiatrists
- General Practitioners/ Dalriada Urgent Care
- General hospital medical staff
- Forensic team practitioners
- Inpatient staff from the acute psychiatric units
- Out of hours social work service
Referrals to the CRHT service will be made via one telephone number 028 9441 3142 irrespective of locality of origin.
- Operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Offers assessment, treatment and support in a community setting which focuses on the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of the patient/client and their carers during the time of crisis.
- Focuses on beginning treatment as soon as possible and aims to relieve immediate distress and assist recovery.
- Provides intensive monitoring and supervision in response to the presenting needs.
- Gives support to carers and family members.
- Encourages involvement from the patient/client, their family and carers in the assessment and in agreeing to a care plan.