Physiotherapy Service (MSK Outpatient Service)
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy involves the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and long term management of various conditions related to the muscular and skeletal systems.
Listed below are examples of conditions often managed in the musculoskeletal physiotherapy service:
- Low back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist pain
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Rehab following Orthopaedic surgery
- Rheumatology conditions
- Ante-natal pelvic girdle pain
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy aims to:
- Relieve or reduce pain symptoms.
- Prescribe exercise to improve flexibility, muscle strength, movement quality, proprioception, coordination & cardiovascular fitness.
- Assist patients to achieve their exercise, occupational or functional goals.
- Provide strategies to best manage long term injuries or conditions.
- Help prevent recurrence of injury.
Referrals to the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy service will be accepted from GP’s, consultants and other allied health professionals.
Referrals and appointments for the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy outpatient service are managed via a central booking system, based in the Robinson Memorial Hospital, Ballymoney.
Contact details for the central booking office:
Tel: 028 2766 0328
Our central booking facility can be very busy at times. If you are directed to a leave a voicemail, clearly state your name, date of birth, contact telephone number and someone from the central booking office will get back to you.
The service operates from 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy services are provided in various locations throughout the Northern Health and Social Care Trust, see below:
- Fern House, Antrim Area Hospital
- Ballymena Health and Care Centre
- Dalriada Hospital, Ballycastle
- Fort Centre, Coleraine
- Robinson Memorial Hospital, Ballymoney
- Mid Ulster Hospital, Magherafelt
- Moyle Hospital, Larne
- Whiteabbey Hospital