Occupational Therapy services
- Dementia Occupational Therapy Service
- Occupational Therapy Rheumatology Outpatient Service
- Children’s Occupational Therapy Service
- Recovery Service
- Acute Occupational Therapy Service
- Community Occupational Therapy Service
- Occupational Therapy in housing
- Occupational Therapy Learning Disability Service
The Occupational Therapy service vision is ‘enabling people to get the most out of life’.
The Occupational Therapy Service provides a range of treatments and interventions to patients and clients of all ages. The service is delivered to people with physical disabilities and /or learning disabilities; people with mental health problems and also to children.
The core ethos of Occupational Therapy is to help people achieve and maintain their independence in daily living activities and enhance their quality of life.
In the Northern Trust the profession works across a range of settings very often as part of multi-disciplinary and integrated teams. Service areas include:
- Learning Disability
- Mental Health
The service is primarily provided within normal business hours Monday to Friday though weekend arrangements are in place in the Trusts Acute Hospital sites.