Integrated Clinical Assessment and Treatment Services (ICATS)
The Integrated Clinical Assessment and Treatment Services (ICATS) provides a range of specialist assessment and treatment services for patients.
The service is provided by multi-disciplinary teams including a doctor, specialist nurse and allied health professionals such as physiotherapists.
The service provides specialist assessment and appropriate management of patients with orthopaedic conditions including:
- Advice on specialist management of the condition
- Tier 2 treatments (Podiatry, Physiotherapy and Injection Therapy)
- Diagnostic Imaging (MRI/X-ray/Ultrasound)
- Referral to an Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Referral to another service ( Rheumatology, Pain Management)
- Referral back to GP
Patients who do not require urgent treatment are referred to the local ICATS team for assessment, treatment or diagnostic tests.
If a patient’s condition requires the attention of a consultant, arrangements are made for the patient to be referred for a hospital outpatient appointment. The aim of ICATS is to help reduce outpatient waiting times.